Tuesday 9 July 2013

Music in every life.

I wrote an essay (for our Speech subject) about my interest/s which is Music.. One and only music.. Joke, I have lots! ;) Well, i chose 'Music' because music is very interesting though music nowadays was a lot different in the 1770’s to 1870’s. Now music is everywhere, but it isn’t the great night-time entertainer it used to be.. Music has changed to suit the needs of the world now. Everyday, a new song comes out to keep our interest fresh, and there are several different genres of music so we can choose the music we like.. In my opinion, modern is much better than its 1775 to 1870’s counter part. It might be just that I grew up with modern music.  It might be that music is now marketed and focused more on the teen to middle age crowd. It might be that modern music, with its fast beat and loudness, is all I can handle with my short attention span.. Music can now be digitally edited to near perfection, and if an artist makes a mistake they can just edit it with a computer. I also think music has gotten better because there’s such a variety of it, and every song you hear will be different. Artists these days can give themselves voice-overs (changes the sound, tone, quality, pitch, or even volume of their voice) which sometimes makes the song even sound even better. Also there is such a tremendous variety of instruments, and each one brings something new to the song.
    Another reason why I think that music is better these days is choice. You can choose what music you want to listen to, and there’s something for everyone.
No matter what music you like, it is an essential part of human culture. Where would we be without it? We use it as a way to show expression, a way to communicate, and we use it as entertainment. And as long as we live, so will music. When life induces too much stress, too much noise and too much rush, it is wondrous to put your headphones on, click play on your favorite playlist and close your eyes, giving way to music. To me, music is more than just a way to relax and take a break. Music is my companion for life, my indicator of mood, my best adviser and my own little world. I would never call music a hobby, as I cannot imagine my life without my favorite music. There is a playlist for when I am sad, for when I am happy, for when I am thoughtful, excited, angry, adventurous or sleepy. Music helps me to cope with the emotions that I experience. Sometimes, music is a way to hide from everything and everyone. Other times, music is the best way to share my feelings with people I care about, or even with complete strangers. Music is the most inspirational phenomena I can think of for a multitude of reasons.
Music is a world of emotions and every time I hear a song I like, it shares some of these emotions with me. Music can bring up the most tender and anxious feelings. It can move you in time and space by bringing back special memories of which you were craving to relish in. There were many cases when music sent shivers down my spine, so honest and strong were the tunes, so powerful the memories they awakened. I am sure it happened to everyone at least once, that a strong memory is somehow linked to a certain song or tune and whenever you hear it playing, you travel back to that situation in your thoughts, able to experience that it again.
We sometimes forget how powerful music is and how inspirational its power can be. In addition, music is able unite people like nothing else can because you both have mutual interests in music.  But what about those cases when people have nothing in common and are total strangers, yet they suddenly find themselves singing along and dancing together, or simply silently listening to captivating beats. Music is able to make complete strangers feel like they have connected to a kindred soul. If you have at least once been to a great live concert or album launches, you probably know what kind of inspiration I am talking about. It is difficult to describe this phenomenon with words, but is it not what proves again the power of music to inspire? You do not need to speak a foreign language to connect to somebody from a different background, using music instead of words. Music comes in handy in just these cases. It inspired you to make new friends or learn more about a foreign culture. Music is multi-dimensional – you can never get bored of it. While I have a number of favorite artists and bands, I also never stop exploring the musical amplitude and discovering new performers every day. Music adds flavor to my life and this flavor is different depending on ‘what dish I am eating.’ Though music is nothing new, the creation of new melodies, rhythms, and symphonics will be created every day. In fact, I believe that music has been around us for as long as we have existed.  When I say that music is everywhere, I first of all mean that music comes from nature. Music in all of its forms is around us and the task is only to notice it and learn to appreciate how it can be shared. Music can be a source of inspiration for almost anyone. Music has the power to make us want to smile at every stranger walking by, simply because we are hearing a transcendent song.

I chose this picture because I believed that Music comes from nature...

No comments:

Post a Comment